The Illinois Campaign for Political Reform is a non-partisan public interest group that conducts research and advocates reforms to promote public participation in government, address the role of money in politics and encourage integrity, accountability, and transparency in government.
To make real this mission, we support:
- Making elections more competitive by introducing fair, sensible contribution limits on individual, corporate and union, contributions, and transfers from other politicians.
- Mandating timely and full disclosure of lobbying activities, public officials' economic interests, campaign contributions and expenditures, and other matters related to public business and the use of public resources.
- Restoring electoral integrity by allowing candidates the option of leaving the special interest rat race and instead drawing public funds for campaign finances.
- Encouraging fair, substantive campaigns by promoting compliance with Illinois' Code of Fair Campaign Practices, developing non-partisan, state-sponsored voter education guides and advocating improved media coverage of campaign issues.
- Supporting an informed electorate by developing non-partisan, state-sponsored voter education guides.
- Advocating improved media coverage of electoral campaigns and governmental issues.
- Providing full public financing for Illinois Supreme Court elections.